1. ELIGIBLE AGE FOR ADMISSION
- Admission at Doon Public School Jharsuguda is purely based on oral interaction with the child, considering the age factor as on 1 st April of the year.
- 1. The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Doon Public School,Jharsuguda in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should be considered.)
|MINIMUM AGE ON 31st MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT
|MAXIMUM AGE ON 31st MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT
- The maximum age limit can be relaxed by one year in case of differently abled children by the Principal.
- There is no age restriction for admission to class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
2. DIRECT ADMISSION FOR CLASS X AND XII
Fresh admissions to class X & XII, other than Doon Public School students, will be entertained subject to availability of vacancies. Such admissions to class X and XII will be considered by the Principal only if, the average strength in class X/XII is below 40. This will further be subject to the following conditions:
- The child has been in the same course of students i.e. in a CBSE-affiliated school.
- For Class X, the child must have obtained not less than 55% marks in aggregate in class IX.
- For admission to class XII, 55% marks in class XI examination is mandatory.
- The child should otherwise be eligible as per Doon admission Guidelines.
- The combinations of subjects opted by the student are available in Doon Public School, Jharsuguda.
3. PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSIONS
- Registration shall not be done if there is no vacancy or likelihood of any vacancy in a particular class. In case a vacancy arises in future, registration can be made after giving wide publicity at local level / school website and admission can be granted as per Doon admission guidelines.
- In case the number of children seeking registration is less because of which all seats have not been filled up, the Principal shall issue a second advertisement in the month June notifying the availability of vacancies.
- Registration for class XI shall be taken up immediately after the declaration of results of class X and admissions up to the full strength of the class should be completed within 20 days after declaration of results by CBSE.
- Registration forms complete in all respects and accompanied by all required documents must be submitted / sent to the school office within the prescribed date as per notification.
- Attested copies of the prescribed documents would be required to be submitted along with the application form for registration.
2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- For class Pre- Nursery to Class I, certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council / Municipality / Municipal Corporation extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel.For other classes, the date of birth recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department would be accepted. The original certificate of date of birth should be returned to the parent after verification. Xerox copy of the Aadhar Card is mandatory to be submitted.
- For all other classes – Report card / Achievement record of the previous Class with T.C. (Transfer Certificate) can be provided.
- Admissions up to class VIII may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body.
- For Direct Admission in classes X & XII – Parents application (mentioning reason), achievement record, transfer certificate (T.C.), address proof, ID proof, photographs (2 no’s).
3. METHOD OF ADMISSION IN CLASS I
- Out of available seats of fresh admission 25% shall be reserved for Right To Education (refer to ‘RTE’ Guidelines).
4. METHOD OF ADMISSION IN CLASS II TO VIII
- Admission test shall not be conducted for admission to class II to VIII and the admission may be granted based on interview with the student & Parent will be conducted as admission test.
5. METHOD OF ADMISSION IN CLASS IX
- For admission to class IX an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- Admission test shall be conducted in the subjects: Hindi, English, Mathematics and Science.
- There will be only one paper of Admission test of 3 Hours duration & 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Mathematics, Social Science and Science each of 20 Marks.
- Candidates must secure 33% marks in aggregate to qualify.
6. METHOD OF ADMISSIONS IN CLASS XI
- Admission in different streams viz Science, Commerce and Humanities (Arts)of Class XI will be based on aggregate marks scored in class X exams as under:
- Principal may admit non-Doon children to class XI only up to the permitted class strength (40). In case Doon Children, normally the class strength is restricted to 40.
- A student who was earlier not found eligible for admission to a particular stream in class XI in the next academic session, if he/she improves his/her performance within one year from the same Board.
7. METHOD OF ADMISSION IN X & XII
- Any one wants to take admission in X & XII will be treated as Direct Admission & can be done as per Board Guidelines and with the availability of seats.